Location: The Woodlands, TX
We are searching for a project manager to help us effectively apply our engineering resources to advance business objectives. As a small company, this will include things from product and feature design to day-to-day task scheduling to managing relationships with customers and external resources.
- Coordinate with business leadership and the engineering team to plan new products, features, and initiatives.
- Predict budgets and schedules, and ensure that resources are used in an efficient manner.
- Communicate project status and priorities throughout the company.
- Work with engineering leadership to manage an agile development process for a team comprised of a combination of local and remote developers.
- Analyze customer behavior and feedback, and work to plan and implement customer outreach/marketing efforts.
- Coordinate with external vendors and contractors where they are necessary to complete project objectives in a timely manner.
- Proven experience working with an engineering team as a product manager. Experience with a distributed team is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, methodologies, and best practices.
- Some knowledge of human genetics, genealogy, and bioinformatics is preferred.
- Some knowledge of software development and effective use of cloud computing infrastructure is preferred.
- Some type of project management or agile certification is a plus.
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org